You have a lot to keep track of in today’s fast-paced life ‒ from to-do lists to meetings to juggling multiple schedules in your household (and everything in between).
And you’re not alone. A Pew survey revealed that about 60% of U.S. adults often feel too busy to even enjoy their lives.
In the midst of all this busyness, one task that could easily fall off your radar is taking care of your vehicle. But the last thing you need is to have a car that won’t start or another unexpected vehicle mishap ‒ especially one that could have been prevented.
Thankfully, help is in the palm of your hand. Because there’s an app for that (apps, actually).
There’s a veritable cornucopia of vehicle-related apps you can download to your smartphone. From maintenance trackers and navigation guides to security monitoring and more, they’re all designed to help your ride operate as smoothly as possible.
But where should you start? And which ones deserve your storage space? Below, we’re providing an overview of basic car apps that can help give you some peace of mind when it comes to your vehicle ‒ and a semblance of control during your daily life.
Best Car Apps For Car Maintenance and More
- CARFAX Car Care: When was the last time you took your car in for an oil change or rotated your tires? Can you remember when your truck had its last multi-point inspection? Do you know how long your registration is valid? The robust CARFAX Car Care app can help you track these things – and ultimately help you avoid costly car repair bills. The app provides a dashboard that displays the status of your vehicle’s must-have service milestones. It also houses a detailed service history and offers the option to search for nearby repair shops.
- GasBuddy :We all know there are steps you can take to get better gas mileage out of your vehicle. But what if you could couple that with paying less per gallon at the pump? Enter GasBuddy, the app that helps you find the lowest fuel prices in your area. Whether you’re in your hometown or traveling two states away, it compares the price of gas at stations nearest to your location. So you’ll always be able to scout out the best prices.
- YourTurn: As an Erie Insurance customer, you can always count on us to provide reliable auto insurance. Now, there’s a new way we’re looking out for you and helping you stay safe on the road (and giving you a chance to earn some great rewards1). Meet YourTurn®, our driving safety app.2It measures criteria like speeding, hard braking and phone usage, helping to make drivers of all ages more aware of their driving behaviors and identifying areas for improvement. (Note: YourTurn is currently not available in the District of Columbia, Kentucky, North Carolina and New York.)
- SaferCar: Recalls. They seem to be everywhere. You hear about them on the news, read about them online and may even be surprised by one when you take your car in for service. But what if you could find out immediately when your vehicle has been impacted by a recall and take proactive steps to protect your family or yourself from defective equipment? You can with the SaferCar app, which is powered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Not only do you receive immediate notifications if your vehicle is affected by a recall, you also can register and receive alerts for additional items like tires, aftermarket equipment and car seats.
- PlugShare: Electric vehicle owners rejoice! With the PlugShare app, you won’t have to worry about being stranded on your next trip. The app helps you find compatible charging stations in your area, giving you some much-needed peace of mind while on the road. It even offers features like navigation to the nearest charger and options to pay for your charge from your phone (where applicable).
- Erie Insurance Mobile App: With ERIE’s mobile app, customers with an online account can easily and securely access important policy information from their mobile device. You can view, send and share policy documents (including your ID card3 and declaration page). You can even make a payment or view your billing activity and documents.
There For You at Every Turn
When we say we’re with you, we mean you have our undivided attention when you need it ‒ no distractions. We’re here to help make your life a little easier with auto insurance you can trust. We understand when things go wrong, assess the impact and help get things back to normal right away. Contact your local ERIE agent today and discover the ERIE difference.
1Ages 16-23 can earn rewards up to $10 every two weeks, ages 24+ can earn rewards up to $5 every two weeks. Rewards are based on the participating driver’s score during the scoring period while driving 50 tracked miles. Indiana participants can earn up to $5 every two weeks. Rewards are distributed through the YourTurn app via electronic gift cards.
2YourTurn not available in all states. As of 10/2021, program available to policyholders in IL, IN, MD, OH, PA, TN, VA, WI, and WV.
3ID cards not available in New York.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Stephany Insurance today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.